OPMess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://opmess.forumotion.com

LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad? Empty LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad?

Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 pm
Ladies: Would you marry a man like your dad? / Gents: Would you wanna be a man like your dad?
- French or English
- Try to be specific and explain why

DON'T BE SHY❤️
Timhorton

LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad? Empty Re: LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad?

Tue May 22, 2018 10:46 pm
No not... really cuz i wouldn’t want to be with a man that watches me suffer... working my ass off having two jobs watching me not having time to rest/sleep seeing my health degrading trying to provide for my familly my children my grand parents my sisters my brothers etc (in this country n outside this country)+ me taking care of u cuz u can’t ... u have all the tools to ameliorate ur situation but u aint doing nothing to help not only urself but ur blood ur family... at this point u’re a burden. When I’m marrying someone I’m talking about building an empire not u drowning me til map touffé (vis versa I wouldn’t want to impose that to anyone) jusqu’à m’en effondré cuz u seem not to care ...ma mère ma dit un jour “j’espère un jour tout ça va pouvoir s’arréter” et ça m’a brisé le coeur cuz I still can’t do shit about it...so no I wouldn’t want to marry either my dad or either recommend someone to marry me at the moment bcuz I feel like him sometime n hate it... I just wanna say my mom is a booss ass bitchhh n she ain’t need a man to get her own shit (car, career n she now on her way to get her own house). LOVE U MA WITH ALL MY HEART
JayGold

LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad? Empty Re: LADIES: Would you marry a man like your dad? / GENTS: Would you wanna be a man like your dad?

Tue May 22, 2018 11:07 pm
No cause tbh my dad lives in another country and he tries to buy my love by buying material things and I don’t find he has had an impact in my life at all that’s why I found God so yeah

You go girl start a movement

Sent from Topic'it App
feeearlesss

Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 am
Moi personnellement, il y a 3 ans, j'aurais dit non de manière absolue. Aujourd'hui, ma façon de voir les choses a évolué de façon significative. Pour répondre à la question, je marierais un homme qui a les qualités de mon père, mais pas ses défauts... donc la réponse est : oui partiellement. Mon père, malgré le fait que ma mère et lui, se sont séparés dès mon jeune âge a toujours été présent dans ma vie à sa façon. Ce n'était pas constant, mais il n'était pas absent et je dois l'admettre c'est mieux que rien. Il est un homme rempli de connaissances, qui aime philosopher, qui fait rire, qui a un sourire charmeur et une personnalité extraordinaire. Il est honnête avec lui-même et cela vaut de l'or... mais il a ses défauts... que je ne veux pas retrouver chez l'homme avec qui je vais bâtir mes projets, grandir et côtoyer le reste de ma vie.

Sent from Topic'it App
DaughterOfAKing
DaughterOfAKing

Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 am
“Would I marry a man like my father” - you really had me thinking there. But my thoughts are as follows: part yes and no. I was not yet old and mature enough to understand future implications when my “dad” became nothing but a “father” to me. Follow me through while I explain the previous.

Yes I want to marry a man like my dad - a man who puts family first and cherishes the small things. As a growing little girl, I want to think I had everything I could think of. No I didn’t live in a castle or had everything I asked for, but I had everything I needed: love and two parents at home. Dad would come to swim and gymnastics‘ meets: he’d be my biggest cheerleader. In elementary school, I can remember Dad would pick me up from school during lunch time and take me to the restaurant once a week. He’d teach me how to eat and act properly in a restaurant and such. That was something we shared, just us. He had similar quality time with my brother, but that was what was special to me.

No I do not want to marry a man like my father - one who picks up his things, leaves and never looks back. I was about 8 when Dad started losing points and 10 when he became a father to me. Maybe I didn’t know the man at all. Maybe I was just caught up in the fantasy of, simply put, having two parents at home and being happy so I didn’t see it coming and I’d never him for who he was. Maybe love is blind! He used to make time for me until he didn’t anymore. He no longer had the time and family was no longer a priority. Eventually, I too lost the desire to fight to even have those moments: I preferred not having them at all, then having them be “unnatural” and “undesired”. He couldn’t care less to be there when it mattered.

Yet, whoever he was, he taught me a lot. He shaped me into the woman I am today - scars and wounds included. He showed me how much respect I deserved - though he could have done better by Mom. And he showed me that men need women to respect them and their boundaries as well - as much as I love her, Mom failed him too. So Yes, I want my hubby to be present and involved. I want him there fully and completely. But no, I never want him to forget that marriage is a covenant - that having kids is a lifetime commitment without warranty. “For better or for worse” means just that. That you’ll stand by us when things get tough, when the unthinkable happens, when you are facing the moments you have no words for. I want a hubby like my dad, but not like my father.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum